Horrible Histories (Live-Action)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Note: This is not to be confused with TTSW
Horrible Histories is a British childrens sketch comedy series broadcast by the CBBC, based on the bestselling books of the same name.
Why It Rocks
- It covers almost every period of British and European history, from the Stone Age to the Second World War, and even some foreign ones such as the Incas, Aztecs and the Wild West.
- It's very educational, with the Kings and Queens song listing every British monarch up to Queen Elizabeth II in a catchy rhythm.
- The eras in the classic series (Series 1 to 5) are in an anthology format, so there's plenty of variety in every episode.
- The show parodies British pop culture as existing throughout various periods of history, such as Historical Hospital (a parody of Casualty) and HHTV News (a parody of the BBC news)
- Epic and well-written songs, such as "Born 2 Rule", "Charles II, King of Bling" and "Do the Pachacuti"
- Funny sketches made even better by the actors (especially the ones playing Death and Caligula)
- It makes the daring move to show the gruesomest parts of history, while also keeping a child-friendly tone and omitting things that would make children upset (e.g. the Holocaust)
- Rattus Rattus is a very charming and funny host.
- Season 6 onwards isn't as good as the previous ones, due to ditching the anthology format in favour of a single topic every episode.