I Am Frankie
I Am Frankie is a Nickelodeon sitcom that premiered on September 4, 2017, starring Alex Hook.
Sigourney is a scientist working for the company EGG (short for Electronic Giga Genetics) who has developed a teenage android girl named Frankie. When the head of EGG, Mr. Kingston, plans to use Frankie for the military company WARPA (short for Weaponized Android Research Project Agency) for Project Q, Sigourney quits her job, smuggles Frankie out of EGG, and moves her family as far away from EGG as possible so that Frankie can live a normal life. As Frankie adapts to a normal life as a high school student at Sepulveda High, she befriends a girl named Dayton and gains a rival named Tammy. While she and her family work to keep her secret safe so that EGG doesn't find her Mr. Kingston is determined to do whatever it takes to locate Frankie. Unbeknownst to Mr. Kingston, he's not the only one who's after her.
Why It Rocks
- Doesn't have the annoying and overplayed laugh track that so many modern sitcoms have.
- Likeable characters such as Frankie, Sigourney, Cole, and Andrew.
- The plot is well-thought out and includes continuity.
- Great and realistic acting.
- Alex Hook- who plays Frankie Gaines-is an incredible actor.
- Two well-written villains who actually have personality
- Unlike most Nickelodeon sitcoms that focus on dating drama, this show focuses on family and friendship, basically being the Andi Mack of the network.
- The show is one of the few modern live action Nickelodeon shows that hasn't sucked.
- Catchy theme song.
- It is like a live-action version of My Life as a Teenage Robot.
- It gets better in Season 2 were Cynthia is a great threatening villain.
- Jenny can be a jerk at times.
- The WARPA Mask from Season 2 is very creepy to look at.
- Some of the cast got flanderized in Season 2.
- Dayton became an even bigger worrier than before.
- Mr. Kington suffered a Badass Decay and got reduced to your average sitcom father.
- Andrew went from a brave sacrifice maker, to a cowardly jerk who only cares about his fame, Simone and not about his creator James Peters. Even after he constantly rescues them from danger, Andrew still sees him as a fame-seeking jerk. Meanwhile, he loves the fame he's getting in school, and took the glory for himself! He's no better than James Peters!
- Sadly, the show ended off on a cliffhanger without any continuation at all.
- This show is the American version of a telenovela called Yo Soy Franky, that airs on Nick in Latin America.