I Dream of Jesus (Family Guy)
I Dream of Jesus is the second episode of the seventh season of Family Guy.
When Peter becomes completely obsessed with a 1963 song from the Trashmen, Brian and Stewie are determined to destroy every last copy of it. When Peter goes searching every record store in Quahog for it, he runs into Jesus.
Why It Rocks
- The first act of Peter becoming obsessed with the Surfin' Bird song is pretty fun to watch.
- Peter: Oh, have you not heard? It was my understanding that everyone had heard.
Brian: Heard what?
Stewie: Brian, DON'T!
- The cutaway scene of Marlee Matlin trying to tell the operator to put on "The Last Mimzy" but ends up picking it up as "300" is hilarious.
- Many of the characters act like their former selves before they got flanderized, especially Peter, who is his hilarious lovable self.
- Its interesting to see Jesus, as he meets Peter, becomes famous, but learns the consequences of what he did, learning he’s not ready to return to Earth yet, and leaves his friend, Peter, a gift, which is another record of Peter’s favorite song, which led to an amazing ending.
- The deleted song, Me and Jesus (which is available in the DVD version), is genuinely a very good song.
- There was the part where Peter got a record of his song, but he was risking his daughter getting raped by the man who gave the record to him. Thankfully, Peter pointed to another woman, and Meg was safe.
- There's also a joke where Stewie puts a gun to his mouth when getting fed up of Surfin' Bird. While it could be funny to some, it could also be offensive to others.
- Jesus was a jerk when he was popular, but did learn his consequences as mentioned above.
- Surfin' Bird becomes very annoying afterwards.