Imitation Krabs (SpongeBob SquarePants)
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Best Shows & Episodes Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Short page
Imitation Krabs is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season two. In this episode, Plankton disguises himself as Mr. Krabs.
Plankton builds a robot imitating Mr. Krabs to steal the Krabby Patty formula. However, while infiltrating the Krusty Krab, this proves to be easier said than done.
Why It Imitates Other Good Episodes
- Plankton's voice coming out of his robot disguise of Mr. Krabs is very robot-like and enjoyable.
- Tons of hilarious scenes, such as the scene where SpongeBob tries to determine who the real Mr. Krabs is, and Mr. Krabs getting angry after Squidward left the restaurant due to Imitation Krabs giving him a day off.
- Some funny quotes, like:
- "Everybody at the head enhancement clinic said nobody would notice!"
- "Coin operated self-destruct? Not one of my better ideas."
- "PLANKTON!" "KRABS!" "SpongeBob."
- "Ravioli, ravioli, give me the formuoli!" (which spawns an internet meme)
- The episode takes a very funny and creative spin on a rather basic plot.
- This episode got rehashed several times in the later seasons, examples include "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy", "Grandma's Secret Recipe" and "Shellback Shenanigans" from Season 7 and "Married to Money" in Season 9.
- Thankfully, the only thing different about these four are that at least none of them involve Mr. Krabs being impersonated by Plankton, but rather Plankton is pretending to be someone he isn't, which doesn't help the fact repeating the same story the original one from a past season means it's a rehash, and that it... doesn't... work!
- At least it got rehashed only one time in Season 9 and (as of now) it hasn't rehashed ever since.
- There is only one mean-spirited scene where SpongeBob makes some trivia questions hard for the REAL Mr. Krabs to answer correctly, and the big offender is that he claimed the REAL Mr. Krabs for the Imitation Krabs after he got the last question wrong (even though Imitation Krabs never even gave an answer to that question). However when he accidentally insert a coin into the self-destruct mechanism, he realized that his mistake and saved Mr. Krabs and he kinda got his comeuppance by Krabs when the penny was coming out of his paycheck.
Depending on the animation the episode was either aired in 2000 or 2001.
This episode is highly-regarded among the fanbase. Along with its sister episode "Dying for Pie", it scored a 9.3/10 on IMDb.