Jump to navigation Jump to search
Invader Zim is a cartoon series produced by Nickelodeon. It first aired in 2001, and was canceled after just two seasons due to low ratings.
Why It Rocks
- Awesome voice acting coming from Richard Steven Horvitz, Rosearik Rikki Simons and Andy Berman.
- This is one of Nicktoon's most unique shows ever made that stands out from their other shows at their time as it isn't their usual lighthearted and happy-go-lucky type of show, but rather the opposite of that (being dark and grim).
- The idea of a premise where an alien invades a portrayal of a dystopian version of earth along with its humanity further adds to its charm.
- Smoothly fluent and wacky-styled animation, while combining this with stylized computer graphics.
- Some likable characters like GIR, Zim and Dib (Zim's arch-nemesis).
- Speaking of GIR, his character serving as a comic-relief balance out the usual dark tone of the series.
- Many episodes have interesting and wacky plots behind it.
- Dib, being the hero antagonist of the series while Zim being the evil protagonist makes it an unusual twist from how protagonists and antagonists are usually portrayed in most fiction.
- A lot of funny moments, especially with GIR's moments.
- Unique art style that blends in well to the theme of the show.
- "YOU'RE AFTER MY ROBOT BEE!!!!!"
- It was canceled after only two seasons leaving some plotholes. The recent comic series, however, helped fill in the gaps left by the show.
- Some moments featuring Gaz can get really dark and creepy, and, alongside the fact she is emo, caused controversy within Moral Gaurdians and ordered Nickelodeon to tone down the "satanic" elements Gaz had.
- Its grotesque content can be too disturbing for children, especially the infamous scene where Zim switches a kid's eyeballs out. Not to mention, the infamous and controversial "Dark Harvest" episode showed actual organs of the characters on-screen.
- It’s infamous episode, Gaz: Taster of Pork.