Irmão do Jorel
Irmão do Jorel (Jorel's Brother) is a Brazilian animated comedy created by Juliano Enrico on Cartoon Network. It is about a curly-haired boy who is so overshadowed by his older brother Jorel, that nobody manages to know his name, calling him Jorel's Brother.
Why It Rocks
- The fact that nobody knows Jorel's Brother's name adds to the tone and concept of the show in a good way.
- It teases the "middle brother gets less attention" shtick by making the middle brother the center of all attention.
- It uses black comedy in a pretty funny and ridiculous way.
- The main cast is full of really interesting characters.
- Jorel's Brother is the younger child, who strives to find his own way to popularity and relevance.
- Jorel is the middle child, who never speaks and gets worshipped by everyone at school.
- Nico is the older child, who has a band and enjoys rock music.
- Mr. Edson is the father, who's a revolutionary actor and artist.
- Ms. Danusa is the mother, who's obsessed with exercise and dancing.
- Granny Gigi, mother of Ms. Danusa, a badass old woman who sits on a chair watching action movies all day.
- Granny Juju, the mother of Mr. Edson, an old lady who's obsessed with avocados and healthy foods.
- Lara, who's the best friend of Jorel's Brother that moves away to Japan on the episode "Ceramics Elephant"
- Many relatable plots which go overboard in the middle of the episodes, like working on a school project and getting your homework ruined.
- Also there are many references to the brazilian 70s and 80s, making the show itself quite nostalgic.
- There is some gross out, which can be distracting at times.
- Jorel's Brother's voice can be annoying to some.
- The art style can be ugly to some.
- One episode showed a character summoning Satan
Jorel's Brother has a 9.1 score on IMDb