Iron Kid, otherwise known in the United States as Eon Kid (Korean: 아이언 키드, Aieon Kideu) is a Spanish-Korean CGI animated children’s television series made by BRB Internacional, Daewon Media, DesignStorm Animation Studios, Screen 21 and Manga Entertainment.
It debuted on KBS2 in South Korea in 2006 and later airing on Clan TVE in Spain that same year. It aired on Kids' WB! in the United States in 2007.
100 years ago, Eon ended the robot war sacrificing his life as he destroyed the General. 100 years later, an 11 year old boy called Marty finds the legendary fist of Eon, putting himself in danger and in the events of a long fight between good and evil.
Why It Rocks
- Amazing CGI animation for 2006 standards. It also suits the show’s style well.
- Gaff plays a good role model in the show for Marty.
- Dramatic moments and tension in some scenes which is great for the show’s atmosphere.
- The theme song is so catchy and upbeat. No matter what the localisation of the show is.
- Marty is a very likeable character as he cares for his friends and respects his ancestor Eon.
- Cool villains such as the General, Scar and Black Beauty.
- The choreography is portrayed in a well made way.
- Examples being the battle between Gaff and Steeljaw Jack and a fight with Marty in Orange Valley as he waits for the match.
- Some emotional scenes that impact the show’s demographic with deep meaning.
- Good morals and lessons such as respecting your ancestors and you can never go back to the way things were.
- The voice acting is great with excellent performances from Aidan Drummond, Andrew Toth, Claire Renaud, Ron Halder, Garry Chalk, Lee Tockar and Nicole Oliver.
- Awesome combinations of robotics and martial arts which makes the show unique in it’s own way.
- The final battle between Marty and the General in the last two episodes is very epic.
- While Buttons and the Bullybots are funny characters and good senses of comic relief, they can be really annoying.
- In the first few episodes, there is a character named Jenny who can be very annoying, but that can be forgiven since she is very young.
- The animation can be off-putting and clunky at times.
- This show was very low rated and didn’t get a second season.
- Characters like the General, Scar and Black Beauty can be very creepy to look at sometimes.
- The Albanian and Georgian dubs weren’t well received.
- This was one of the last shows to air on Kids’ WB! before being replaced by the CW4Kids in 2008.
- Aidan Drummond, the voice of Marty is the son of voice actor Brian Drummond.
- A video game made for the Game Boy Advance was released exclusively in South Korea.
- The show’s name was changed to Eon Kid in the United States due to the name Iron Kid being registered by the Sara Lee Corporation.
- It's also possible that it was changed so people don't associate it with Marvel's Iron Man.
- Marty’s armour bears a resemblance to MegaMan.EXE from the Mega Man: Battle Network series.
- The show is available on Amazon Prime.
This show received positive reviews on IMDB with a score of 8.2/10 and on TV.com with a score of 8.6/10. It got a mixed review on Common Sense Media with a rating of 3/5 stating that the show can be violent for young children.