J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai (ジャッカー電撃隊 Jakkā Dengekitai, translated into English as Jacker Blitzkrieg Squad) is the second Super Sentai series. It aired from April 9 to December 24, 1977. Unlike most of the other Sentai which start out with a team of three or five members, the JAKQ team started out with only four. A fifth member (Big One) appeared in episode 23. J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai was not nearly as popular as Gorenger, only running for 35 episodes. J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai is the second and final Sentai created by Shotaro Ishinomori.
Why It Rocks
- This was the first team with NO yellow ranger.
- There are some good likable characters such as Goro Sakurai/Spade Ace (Red Ranger), Ryu Higashi/Dia Jack (Blue Ranger), A fifth Ranger would be added, First White Ranger, Sokichi Banba/Big One, regarded in series as the greatest Sentai Ranger of all next to AkaRed.
- It was started as a trend of transformation devices.
- They team up with Gorenger, Another AMAZING Sentai season, Sadly, which is the only one released in theaters for 32 years.
- Hiroshi Miyauchi was the first actor with multiple Sentai ranger roles.
- Catchy Theme song.
- The idea of having rangers that are based on playing cards is a unique idea.
- It got a decent finale.
- It had only has 35 Episodes, which is making it the shortest sentai series.