Johnny's Turbo Time Rewinder (Johnny Test, 2005)
"Johnny's Turbo Time Rewinder" is the second half of the eighth episode in the first season of Johnny Test (2005).
Johnny's sisters invent a time rewinder that can go back up to 5 minutes and they use it to get Johnny in trouble by breaking Hugh's favorite bowling ball, resulting in Johnny getting grounded from his bicycle and skateboard for 2 months. Infuriated, he tries multiple times to steal this, but he fails; eventually, he gets a similar one from Bling-Bling Boy. Bling-Bling's time rewinder helped Johnny get his skateboard and bicycle back by finding one of Hugh's shoes.
Why It Goes Turbo
- The MP3 laser player Susan and Mary invent at the start is very cool and impressive, and even more when they build a turbo time-rewinding pause feature.
- Johnny's plan to get his hand on Bling-Bling Boy's turbo time rewinder is pretty good, as he sends a letter pretending that Gil wants to meet Susan at the park.
- "Okay, enough with the time puns" - Dukey.
- Speaking of which, good things happen for Johnny when he uses Eugene's turbo time rewinder, as he got to join the basketball club, stood up against a bully, fit in with the hip crowd and even got his skateboard priveliges back when rewinding Hugh trying to find his missing shoe.
- Some funny moments, such as Susan and Mary putting sheep around Johnny and Dukey.
- Funny Ending: When the turbo time rewinder returns to Bling-Bling Boy, he thanks his moronic overuse when realizing how low the battery life on the rewinder is, but starts rewinding the part where Johnny falls to the ground after replacing the battery.
- Hugh was rather unlikable at the start here, as he blamed Susan and Mary (then Johnny) for "breaking" his bowling ball and took away their priveliges, when he could just go get another one from the shop or his house.
- Susan and Mary were also bad in another scene, as they got Johnny grounded for two months.
- There's one animation error where Johnny's jacket disappears in some scenes but reappears again in other ones.
- It holds a rating of 7.6/10 on IMDB.