Johnny to the Center of the Earth (Johnny Test, 2005)
"Johnny to the Center of the Earth" is the first half of the first episode in the first season of Johnny Test.
Things have been mysteriously pulled underground, making Johnny believe that the people behind this are mole people. Susan and Mary let Johnny use their drill vehicle, and when they get to the center of the Earth, the stolen items turn out to be from mole people after all, but before Johnny could stop them, the mole people capture him.
Why It Rocks
- It was the first episode of Johnny Test, meaning that we get introduced to a lot of things that made the show good, such as an edgy yet calm atmosphere, great hand-drawn animation, likable and great characters such as the rebellious Johnny, his sidekick dog, Dukey who gives out good morals to him, his two twin sisters, Susan and Mary, who love experimenting things, his parents Hugh & Lila, and Bling-Bling Boy (aka Eugene), nice humor, and so much more!
- The plot is very interesting, as it has Johnny and Dukey using Susan and Mary's drill vehicle to stop the mole people from stealing everyone's stuff when finding the culprit outside
- Some funny moments, such as Hugh's quotes "Get me that camera from the "mole people" or no video games, no comic books and no Dukey!", "Dinner's at six!" & "I'm making a meatloaf", along with Dukey's quote "Come get me mole people, I'm full of macho leathery biker goodness!", & even "Woah, didn't see that coming". Plus, so much more!
- Watching Susan and Mary experiment on Johnny for a bit was decent.
- The vehicles the mole people use to attack Johnny and Dukey look pretty cool, along with the drill vehicle Johnny and Dukey borrow from Susan and Mary to get to the mole people & the one Bling-Bling Boy uses.
- The way Johnny, Dukey and Bling-Bling Boy defeat the mole people is very clever, as they use Hugh's camera to take constant flash pictures to blind the moles,
- Good Ending: As mentioned above, Johnny, Dukey and Bling-Bling Boy defeat the mole people by using Hugh's camera and go back home by using the drill vehicle, and it ends with Hugh saying that he made a meatloaf - making everyone scream.
- The "ten minutes later" time card looks very lazy and basic.
- The only toilet humor bit was when Dukey said "my butt! It's naked!" & "naked butt".
- It holds a rating of 7.6/10 on IMDB.
- The episode title is a reference to the ancient book, "Journey to the Center of the Earth".
The Episode in Full