Jon's Night Out (The Garfield Show)
"Jon's Night Out" is the fourteenth episode in the first season of The Garfield Show.
Jon has difficulty sleeping, so a doctor attempts to put Jon under hypnosis to make him fall asleep at the sound of a horn. Jon hears Odie's barking at a fly before the horn, making him fall asleep every time Odie barks.
Why It Rocks
- The things Jon does to try to get himself to sleep are relatable & usually the things people do, despite not working.
- A doctor managing to hypnotize Jon into falling asleep at the sound of horn every time Odie barks is very impressive.
- Although justified for Jon, Liz's reason for getting angry at Jon is also justified due to him falling asleep during her veterinarian speech (despite the cause being Odie barking).
- Garfield, Odie and Jon are still tolerable characters, with Garfield and Jon not showing their flanderization and as himself and Odie grew concerned about Jon's sleepwalking and try to wake him up.
- Good Ending: The townspeople save Jon from falling down the building site by using a trampoline. Then, the doctor removes sleep hypnosis from Jon and so, he had a goodnight sleep - and it ends with Odie barking him into making Garfield lots of lasagnas.
- It holds a rating of 8.4/10 on IMDB.
- This is the first and only time that a TV set is seen in Jon's bedroom.