Josh is Done (Drake & Josh)
"Josh Is Done" is the eleventh episode of the fourth season of Drake & Josh. It aired on February 11, 2007.
Drake has taken advantage of Josh for the last time and Josh decides that he is done dealing with Drake.
Why It Rocks
- The episode's realistic and emotional undertones, especially for a wacky children's sitcom on Nickelodeon.
- It shows what a miserable wreck Drake is without Josh and how much he really needs him and it's really touching.
- It showed Josh as more than a bumbling sidekick to the "cooler" Drake. Josh was able to be his own man and act in a more "serious" role. It was fun to see his rash go away, him beating Helen at racquetball, and all the other things that lined up for Josh when he dropped Drake.
- The strongest moment of the episode (possibly the entire series) is after Drake's life spirals out of control, culminating in a very heartfelt apology from Drake in science class.
- The way Josh treats Drake after claiming "I'm not mad, I'm done" is pretty heartbreaking, treating him more like a roommate than a brother.
- It shows a caring side of Megan, who sees how much Drake went too far with his treatment of Josh.
- Thankfully, Drake and Josh do make up in the end with the only way how: Over a game of Ping Pong.
- The episode points out how much of a bad person/brother Drake is. In fact, this episode proves torture episodes could possibly be done right.
- This episode is the fifteenth episode in production order for the fourth season
The episode was featured on Blameitonjorge's "6 Unexpectedly Dark Episodes in Kids Shows II"
PhantomStrider ranked this #7 on Top 10 Darkest Nickelodeon Episodes.