Kamen Rider Blade
Kamen Rider Blade (仮面ライダー剣［ブレイド］ Kamen Raidā Bureido, Masked Rider ♠ or Blade), is a Japanese tokusatsu superhero television series. It is the fourteenth installment in the Kamen Rider Series. It aired on TV Asahi from January 25, 2004 to January 23, 2005. It is a joint collaboration between Ishimori Productions and Toei. It is also the last Kamen Rider series to run on 60 fps. Along with the standard insect motif of the Kamen Rider series, Kamen Rider Blade also uses a playing card motif. Each Rider is assigned one of the suits from a deck of cards.
Why It Rocks
- Likable characters such as Kazuma Kenzaki, Hajime Aikawa, and Sakuya Tachibana.
- Decent suit designs.
- It had an amazing summer movie.
- The story was interesting and executed really well.
- The insert songs were nice to listen to.
- It's a big improvement over Kamen Rider Faiz (555), which was a terrible Kamen Rider season from the previous year.
- Like J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai, The idea of having riders that are based on playing cards is a unique idea.
- It had spawned a few internet memes.
- It aired alongside Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger.
- It had a decent finale.
- There are some unlikable characters such as Mutsuki Maijo.
- Some episode plots drag on a bit too long.
- The PS2 game of Kamen Rider Blade was terrible.
- The first half was weak and it had low toy ratings