Kamen Rider Drive
Kamen Rider Drive (仮面ライダードライブ Kamen Raidā Doraibu, Masked Rider Drive) is a Japanese tokusatsu drama in Toei Company's Kamen Rider Series. It is the sixteenth series in the Heisei period run and the twenty-fifth series overall. The series started on October 5, 2014, joining Ressha Sentai ToQger in the Super Hero Time line-up after the finale of Kamen Rider Gaim. Starting on February 22, 2015, Kamen Rider Drive was joined by Shuriken Sentai Ninninger in the Super Hero Time line-up. After the finale of Kamen Rider Drive, Kamen Rider Ghost joined Ninninger in the Super Hero Time line-up.
Why It Rocks
- The characters are very likable in their own ways, such as Shinnosuke Tomari, Go Shijima, Chase, and Kiriko Shijima.
- It's had an amazing theme song.
- High quality badass suits designs.
- It has a lot of funny moments that don't feel shoved into the plot.
- It had great movies such as Kamen Rider Drive Saga: Kamen Rider Chaser, Kamen Rider Drive Saga: Kamen Rider Heart, and Kamen Rider Drive Saga: Kamen Rider Mach.
- Heart, Brain, and Medic are likable and interesting villains.
- They teamed up with Kamen Rider Gaim.
- The finale itself was beyond magnificent.
- The deaths in this season were really heartbreaking, sad and brutal (especially Chase's).
- Despite Ninninger being a godawful season the crossover was really decent.
- There are some unlikable characters such as Mitsuhide Nira.
- The idea of having a Rider that solves cases was already used in Kamen Rider W, which is a bit uncreative.
- Also, the idea of a Rider that uses two collectibles to transform was already used in Kamen Rider W, which can be a bit uncreative for some fans.
- While it's good, the next season, Kamen Rider Ghost was not good at all.
- It had to air alongside the godawful Super Sentai seasons, Ressha Sentai ToQger and Shuriken Sentai Ninninger. It even suffered a team-up with Ninninger in 2015.