Kamen Rider Kabuto
Kamen Rider Kabuto (仮面ライダーカブト Kamen Raidā Kabuto, Masked Rider Kabuto) is a Japanese tokusatsu superhero television series. It is the sixteenth installment in the popular Kamen Rider Series of tokusatsu programs. It is a joint collaboration between Ishimori Productions and Toei. The series was broadcast on TV Asahi. The first episode aired on January 29, 2006, and the final episode airing on January 21, 2007, completing the series with 49 episodes. It aired alongside GoGo Sentai Boukenger for Super Hero Time 2006. The series represents the 35th anniversary of the Masked Rider Series, as indicated by a notice at the beginning of the pilot episode reading, in Japanese, "Kamen Rider 35th Anniversary Production." Kamen Rider Kabuto is the first Kamen Rider Series to be broadcast in high-definition format.
Why It Rules Everything
- This was the first Kamen Rider Series to to get the widescreen format to be recorded and broadcast in High-Definition so that the viewer can watch it on 16:9 HDTVs, which makes it refreshing to see it in a new aspect ratio format.
- Every character in the show is likable or memorable in some kind of way particularly Souji Tendou/Kamen Rider Kabuto, Arata Kagami/Kamen Rider Gatack, So Yagaruma/Kamen Rider Kickhopper, Daisuke Kazama/Kamen Rider Drake, and Tsurugi Kamishiro/Kamen Rider Sasword.
- The rivalry between Tendou and his dark counterpart (Souji Kusakabe/Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto), was very entertaining to watch.
- It's summer movie Kamen Rider Kabuto: God Speed Love is pretty unique and distinct towards the main show itself because it is set in an alternate timeline and seven years in the past (1999), some of the characters were also different like Yaguruma who still works for ZECT and never became attached to the darkness and became Kickhopper, it also introduces the group Neo-ZECT.
- The finale was great.
- It contains amazing fight scenes.
- Decent looking suits designs.
- Tsurugi and Kusakabe's deaths were both really heartbreaking.
- The contrast between Tendou and Kagami was very interesting.
- The theme song and the other insert songs are badass.
- There are a few funny moments here and there.
- It did air alongside with GoGo Sentai Boukenger.
- It had a great video game adaptation for the PS2.
- Tendou can be seen as Gary Stu by some fans.
- The Malaysian dub of this has got to be the worst dub in history.