Kamen Rider Ryuki
Kamen Rider Ryuki (Japanese: 仮面ライダー龍騎, Hepburn: Kamen Raidā Ryūki, lit. "Masked Rider Ryuki") is a Japanese tokusatsu television series. The twelfth installment in the Kamen Rider Series of tokusatsu shows, it was a joint collaboration between Ishimori Productions and Toei, and it was shown on TV Asahi from February 3, 2002, to January 19, 2003. The series marked the franchise's switch from Columbia Music Entertainment to Avex Group, which continues to produce music for the Kamen Rider Series today.
In 2008, Ryuki was adapted into the American television series Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, the first adaptation of a Kamen Rider Series in the United States since Saban's Masked Rider in 1996.
Why It Rocks
- There are some likable characters such as Shinji Kido/Kamen Rider Ryuki, Ren Akiyama/Kamen Rider Knight, and Shuichi Kitaoka/Kamen Rider Zolda.
- The animation was very cool.
- Takeshi Asakura is a very ruthless and intimidating villain, his backstory despite being a bit too brutal and frightening is pretty dark.
- It spawned the very first official female rider (Miho Kirishima/Kamen Rider Femme), ever since it has been a trend in the rider franchise whether movie-exclusive or will serve a purpose to the main series' storyline.
- Awesome fight scenes.
- It got an awesome adaptation, Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight.
- Shinji's death was really sad and heartbreaking.
- Depending on your point of view, Mitsuru Sano/Kamen Rider Imperer's death is also pretty sad even though his time in the show is very short.
- The finale was good and the final battle was really decent at best.
- It had great movies like: Kamen Rider Ryuki: Episode Final and Kamen Rider Ryuki: 13 Riders.
- Its toyline sold was very nice and very collectible.
- The theme song was an awesome, amazingly catchy, 80's-like feel to it.
- Bad-ass suits and summon monsters.
- Kamen Rider Odin is a terrifing antagonist.
- There are some funny moments from here to there.
- This first Kamen Rider series to having most of the battles take place in an alternate world (Mirror World).
- It aired alongside with Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger.
- The idea of having 13 Riders feels a bit inconsistent and out of sync, though they started the trend of incorporating more and more riders, The idea sounds really good but because some of them barely make any purpose in the whole storyline. (Imperer, Verde and Scissors)
- The team-up with Kamen Rider Agito.
- It has a terrible spin-off, Rider Time.
- While it's good, The following season and the spin-off of this season, Kamen Rider 555 wasn't well-received at all.