Kickin' Genes (Kick Buttowski)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Kickin' Genes" is the first half of the second episode in the second season's first half of Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil.
Kick and Gunther discover that Kick's mother was a daredevil called Honey Splash.
Why It Rocks
- The plot is very cool and interesting here, as it has Kick finding stuff in his boxes in his museum of awesome, only to find that his mother, Honey, was a daredevil as well to the point where there's even a tape that has Kick's mother being a daredevil and even on the news.
- Speaking of which, the X9-3000, Honey's dardevil vehicle, looks pretty good, along with Honey's daredevil suit and the stunt Honey does on her speedboat with a little help from Kick.
- Kick, Gunther and Honey are still likable characters, as Kick convinces Honey to become a daredevil again (Honey Splash) when seeing a tape of herself on the news especially since Kick is obsessed with doing stunts, Honey saying that she'll get back to her daredevil ways as Honey Splash and tries to break the land speed record on water, and Gunther for having Kick's back, as always.
- "Look out Mellowbrook, 'cause Honey Splash is back!" - Honey to the spectators.
- Some emotional moments, such as Kick saying goodbye to his museum of awesome when realizing that his mother is the real daredevil on water and him rewatching the tape he found in a box, along with some tapes from when Kick was an infant and Kick apologizing to Honey at the end for being jealous.
- Good Ending: Honey manages to break the land speed record on water, and Kick apologizes to her for being jealous, they both hug each other, and Kick decides to keep the Honey Splash legacy going strong by showing the suit and Honey breaking the land speed record at his museum of awesome.
- This episode, along with Clothes Call, hold a rating of 7.4 out of 100 on IMDB.