Kickin' It is an American comedy television series created by Jim O'Doherty that aired on Disney XD from June 13, 2011 to March 25, 2015. The series stars Leo Howard, Dylan Riley Snyder, Mateo Arias, Olivia Holt, Alex Christian Jones, and Jason Earles.
Jack joins a martial arts academy and saves it from shutting down. He and his friends teach a few misfits about life and karate.
Why It Rocks
- Perfect acting, notably from Leo Howard, Ian Riley Snyder and Mateo Arias.
- Great balance of action and comedy, which fits the theme of a martial art tv show.
- Tons of likable and enjoyable characters, especially Jack Brewer, the main protagonist.
- Awesome storyline, where Jack has to save Bobby Wasabi Martial Arts Academy from shutting down with his friends through the power of educating amateurs about karate.
- Some heartwarming moments.
- Teaches a lot of life lessons, such as friendship and love.
- Catchy theme song.
- The Martial Arts Academy set looks awesome.
- Some few bad episodes.
- The jokes can be a hit or miss at times.
- Due to the actor for eddie moving between Season 2's and Season 3's production, eddie never appears after season 2 and is never mentioned again. (expect for making a cameo in the season 4 episode "Martinez & Malone: Mall Cops!")
- Kim also leaves in season 4, however unlike Eddie she makes multiple full appearances in episodes in season 4.
- The Final episode was a clipshow, its also worth noting that the show already had a clipshow episode in a previous season.
Kickin' It scored a 6.4/10 rating on IMDb and a 6.2/10 rating on TV.com.
- Mateo Arias, the actor who played Jerry is the brother of Moises Arias, (the actor who played Rico in Hannah Montana).
- Speaking of Hannah Montana, Jason Earles, the actor who played Rudy previously played Jackson Stewart on that show too.