KidsClick is a defunct a daily children's programming block distributed by Sinclair Broadcast Group, which premiered on July 1, 2017. The block, which primarily consisted of long-form animated series as well as some short-form content, was carried in the U.S. on digital multicast network TBD, and on Sinclair-owned/operated television stations in several markets. It was discontinued two years later on March 31, 2019.
Why It Rocked
- The idea of not only reviving Saturday morning cartoons, but also airing them on weekday mornings (including Sundays!) is an amazing concept.
- It marked the return of traditional weekday cartoons and Saturday morning cartoons to over-the-air television as a network.
- It was the first children's programming block on U.S. broadcast television not to comply with Children's Television Act regulations since the Saban Brands-produced Vortexx was discontinued by The CW on September 27, 2014.
- It was the birth of the brand-new era of Saturday morning cartoons.
- Not all of the shows it aired were great; some of them are even on Terrible TV Shows Wiki.
The last thing it aired was Oggy and the Cockroaches (Seasons 1-3), although they aired seasons 3 (remastered) and 4.