Kim Possible is an American animated action comedy-adventure television series created by Bob Schooley and Mark McCorkle that originally aired on Disney Channel from June 7, 2002 to September 7, 2007.
The series revolved around a high school student named Kim Possible who becomes a freelance heroine after rescuing Mr. McHenry who made a typing error and contacted her babysitting site. Though an exceptionally gifted heroine, she is still at heart a teenager so in addition to battling wacky villains like Dr. Drakken, she still hangs out with friends and works on her love life.
Why It's Possible
- Great animation with excellent character designs.
- Fluent action scenes, rarely easy to animate well in an animated series.
- Very likable characters, like Kim Possible herself and her best friend (later boyfriend) Ron Stoppable.
- Rufus is a cute naked mole-rat.
- Great voice acting with the actors having tons of chemistry.
- Great soundtrack, especially the theme song, "Call Me, Beep Me", and some other notable songs like "The Naked Mole Rap", "Say the Word", "Rappin' Drakken" and "Could It Be?"
- Actually shows a strong female character without dumbing down most of the guys or making them stereotypical jerks (not counting the supervillains). Take a note on that, Nutcracker and the Four Realms.
- The sidekick Ron Stoppable shows great courage when facing danger even though he is not as skilled as her (not counting the Monkey Kung-Fu he acquired).
- Numerous supervillains, from Dr. Drakken, Shego, DNAmy, and Monkey Fist (who was actually Ron's archenemy). Dr. Drakken and Shego in particular have amazing chemistry and easily steal the show.
- Lots of funny jokes, especially from Ron and Drakken.
- One of the Disney Channel's longest lasting cartoons at 87 episodes. It originally lasted for only 3 seasons and 65 episodes, but got one more season because of fan outcry.
- The success of the series spawned three television films Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time, Kim Possible Movie: So the Drama, and even the infamous live-action Kim Possible movie released in 2019.
- The series has some very good morals.
- Ron can be annoying at times.
- It can get mean-spirited.
- Some unlikeable characters like Bonnie Rockwaller.
- The live-action movie itself.
It is considered one of the greatest cartoons and Disney Channel shows of the 2000s and has a rating of 7.2/10 on IMDB, and 8.6/10 on tv.com
- It is the first Disney Channel Original Series under the Walt Disney Television Animation label.
- It is the first Disney Channel Original Series in High Definition.
- Christy Carlson Romano, Kim Possible’s voice actress does a cameo appearance in the 2019 live-action movie. She previously played Ren Stevens in Even Stevens.
- Raven-Symoné later played Raven Baxter in That's So Raven, including its spin-off series Raven's Home.
- Four of the actors, Kirsten Storms, Raven-Symoné, Christy Carlson Romano, and Gary Cole departed fellow Disney Channel movies Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century and Cadet Kelly, respectively.
- Bob Schooley and Mark McCorkle, the two creators of the show, also created Buzz Lightyear of Star Command and Big Hero 6: The Series.
- The series is popular in Germany, Israel and Japan.