Kitty Kornered (Looney Tunes)
Kitty Kornered is a 1946 Looney Tunes cartoon starring Porky Pig and Sylvester and was directed and written by Bob Clampett. In this cartoon, when Sylvester and his cat buddies were (literally) thrown out into the snow for the night by their master Porky Pig, the cats retaliate by terrorizing him by their mock Martian invasion.
Why It Kornered
- Like most Clampett cartoons, Bob Clampett's imagination runs very wild and outrageous.
- The plot is very clever and original.
- The animation is very fast-paced and zany.
- Sylvester is extremely hilarious on this cartoon since he and his friends keep fooling Porky throughout the short.
- Very pretty colors and backgrounds.
- Great music by Carl Stalling.
- Several funny moments such as "Milk Man, Keep Those Bottles Quiet!"
- "I like cheese!"
- Mel Blanc does an excellent job voicing the characters.
- Overall, this carton is a great way to end Bob Clampett's career with his longtime cartoon star Porky Pig.
The Only Bad Quality
- Much like Sylvester's previous two appearances in "Life With Feathers" and "Peck Up Your Troubles" the previous year, Bob Clampett's Sylvester's design is little off when compared to his later designs.
- This was the final Porky Pig cartoon directed by Bob Clampett before he left Warner Bros. later that year, though Porky made a brief cameo as a tram driver in "The Great Piggy Bank Robbery".
- This is the only Sylvester cartoon to have been directed by Bob Clampett.
- He was also going to direct "Tweetie Pie", but he left the studio before the cartoon was completed, and Friz Freleng finished the short.
- Unlike other cartoons, Sylvester has yellow eyes and a black nose instead of white eyes and a red nose as in his other appearances.
- Sylvester's character design in HBO Max's Looney Tunes Cartoons is loosely based on Sylvester's look from this cartoon, albeit still retaining the red nose. Similarly, the series also has interstitial bumpers involving Porky Pig unsuccessfully attempting to put Sylvester out for the night in the freezing cold winter similar in vein to this short, albeit there Sylvester is Porky's only pet cat and Sylvester's cat buddies from this cartoon do not appear.