KonoSuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World!
Jump to navigation Jump to search
KonoSuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! Is an anime based on a light novel by Natsume Akatsuki. The anime has been adapted by Studio Deen and is considered one of the best anime in 2016.
Why It Rocks
- The entire anime is a satire on the isekai fantasy genre.
- Similar to the horror comedy light novel Is This A Zombie?, it turns cringe-worthy moments into well executed humor.
- Beautiful visuals and animation.
- Likable and memorable characters including the protagonists each having different personalities.
- Kazuma is a shut-in otaku that teases the other heroes and is adventure loving.
- Aqua is a goddess who often makes humorous mistakes and is often called useless.
- Megumin is a arch-wizard who loves using explosive magic and is adventurous as Kazuma.
- Darkness is a masochist crusader who loves being ravaged by monsters and cabbages.
- Great voice acting in both the Japanese and English versions.
- It’s set in a beautiful and fun RPG like world that has quests that you’d find in an RPG.
- The quests the heroes partake are often humorous and exciting.
- The targets in the hunting quests are very creative such as the slime toads.
- Parodies many RPG elements.
- It spawned Internet memes such as the "because something is" line from the 2019 movie, Legend of Crimson.
- Great opening and ending themes.
- Aqua Is THICC.
- It can get too cringey at times.
- Darkness’s masochistic nature may disturb some viewers.
- Kazuma can be an unlikable douche at times.