Kuroko's Basketball (Japanese: 黒子のバスケ, Hepburn: Kuroko no Basuke, The Basketball Which Kuroko Plays in Japan) is a sports anime created by Tadatoshi Fujimaki. It's based on the manga, released on 2008 and ended on 2014
The Teiko Junior High basketball team rose to distinction by demolishing basketball teams within Japan, winning the junior high Nationals for three consecutive years. The all-star players of the team became known as the Generation of Miracles. After graduating from middle school, the five star players went to different high schools with top basketball teams. However, a fact known to few is that there was another player in the "Generation of Miracles": a phantom sixth man. This mysterious player is now a freshman at Seirin High, a new school with a powerful, if little-known, team. Now, Tetsuya Kuroko – the sixth member of the "Generation of Miracles", and Taiga Kagami – a naturally talented player who spent most of middle school in the US, aim to bring Seirin to the top of Japan and begin taking on Kuroko's former teammates one by one. The series chronicles Seirin's rise to become Japan's number one high school team. The Generation of Miracles include Ryota Kise, Shintaro Midorima, Daiki Aomine, Atsushi Murasakibara, and Seijuro Akashi.
Why It's Rocks
- The animation is incredible and much detailed (especially on the Opening 3).
- Funny and relative characters, Kuroko is a good example because he always uses his tips and helps his team.
- Great antagonists such as Daiki Aomine and Zeijūrō Akashi.
- Really good voice acting in both sub and dub.
- Plenty of emotional moments such as the Kirisaki vs Seirin match.
- Amazing openings and endings such as Can Do, CATALRHYTHM, The Other Self, Fantastic Tune, Punky Funk Love, Zero and Lantana
- The OVAs and bloopers, Kuroko no Basuke NG-Shū are watchable.
- The OVAs include also the Kuroko's past when he was a player on Teiko.
- As the NG-Shū are bloopers, these are very hilarious
- In comparison with another Shonen Jump sports anime, Slam Dunk, some movements are unrealistic.
- Some characters are unlikeable such as Riko Aida (even though her role is being a tsundere).
- Teppei Kyoshi, while likable, was always beaten up by Kirisaki Daiichi High, which almost make him as a total punching bag.
- Xanthe Huynh was a fan of the series long before being cast as Momoi in the English dub.