Lessons in Love (Sym-Bionic Titan)
Lessons in Love is the 10th episode of Sym-Bionic Titan
When Kimmy the head cheerleader comes over to study, she becomes romantically infatuated with Octus' human student disguise. Meanwhile, Lance and Ilana encounter a manta-like Mutraddi creature that absorbs electrical energy, causing their armor activators/communicators to shut down.
Why It Rocks
- It’s a perfect take on character development, particularly on cheerleader bully, Kimmy, she grew from a air headed bully to a nicer girl who learns from Newton that never giving up is the key to success.
- The backstory of how Kimmy came over to the main character’s home to study is very relatable.
- Lance and Ilana are still likable as always, because they know Newton needs to solve his own problems.
- There are plenty of funny moments in the episode, like how Lance tries to eat a burger.
- Lance and Ilana’s mini adventure was good, from eating together in the mall, then going to a rock band, and finally noticing their next threat, manta-like Mutraddi creature that absorbs electrical energy.
- Kimmy has some funny moments, like failing to trick Newton into doing her homework.
- There was an emotional moment where Kimmy admits that everyone has a purpose in life, and that she tearfully admits that she’s an air head. Newton says she’s not, and that she just needs to try harder to succeed on tests, and never give up. His words made her feel better and encouraged her to continue studying.
- The moments where Kimmy is getting smarter with help from Newton were very good, and they develop a good friendship.
- The kiss scene between Newton and Kimmy was cool and heartwarming. It was really electrifying.
- There were cool action scenes, like when Lance and Ilana were escaping from the monster, and when the main cast take down the monster as as Sym-Bionic Titan, while Kimmy walks home happily dancing to her music, and fireworks in the background.
- Good ending where Kimmy passes her retake, and nicely greets the main cast, and she and Newton walk to class holding hands, which is heartwarming.
The Only Bad Quality
- There’s a part of the episode where Kimmy does the "Booty Jeans" dance, while it was hilarious, it was also inappropriate, as it includes her pole dancing on a lamp, which is something that shouldn't be in a kids show!