Let Them Eat (Icebox) Cake (Good Eats)
Let Them Eat (Icebox) Cake is the 11th episode of the first season of Good Eats: The Return which was the reboot of Good Eats.
Alton wishes to revive the tradition of the icebox or refrigerator cake, which was a huge hit back in the 1950s and existed only because the refrigerator exists.
Why it Rocks
- Two recipes to learn, Chocolate, Chocolate, CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE Mocha Refrigerator Cake, and Strawberry Pepper Icebox Cake. Links for both here.
- Alton along with the Lady of the Refrigerator, teaches the history of the icebox, later refrigerator.
- Explains gelatinization with the help of a very scary clown that could give Pennywise a run for his money.
- Though his evil staff swipe his hard work, Alton saves a piece of Strawberry Pepper Icebox Cake for himself. Letting him have his cake and eat it too.
- While adding pepper may seem strange, Alton explains that the SPIBC is too sweet without it.
- The clown is pretty scary. (Even Grust is afraid of him).
- His evil staff keep swiping his icebox cakes he worked so hard to make.
- While appetizing, the chocolate wafer cookies are very difficult to find, especially if you don't live in an area with a huge megamart. On the internet, look for Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers (judging by the box, that's what Alton used) or if in Canada, Mr. Christie Chocolate Wafers.