Little Witch Academia
Little Witch Academia is a coming of age magical girl fantasy anime series made in January 2017 that's based off a duo-logy of short films from 2013-2015.
Little Witch Academia is about a girl named Atsuko Kagari (Akko for short). When she was young, she saw Shiny Chariot perform and it made her want to be a witch. Years later, she moves to a new town where he enrolls at Luna Nova where she later then discovers the Shiny Rod in a forest while trying to get to Luna Nova, and meets and shares a room at Lotte and Sucy which she instantly becomes best friends with. Akko doesn't have the best grades at her school. Later on, she found that she had to unlock 7 words on her wand, The Shiny Rod.
Why It Rocks
- It has amazing animation.
- Great opening and ending song.
- It once made a parody of Twilight with a book called Night Fall.
- Great art style.
- Has some funny moments.
- Characters are well developed and thought out. A notable example is the main protagonist Akko, as she goes from an amateur to a professional.
- The show doesn't rely on any fan-service or filler episodes, a recurring problem with many modern anime shows.
- It has a diverse main cast of characters from different countries.
- It's somewhat short-lived. (2 seasons of 25 episodes)
- If there's an episode dedicated to Lotte, Sucy, Amanda, Constanze, and Diana, (2 episodes for her) then how come there's no episode dedicated to Jasminka?
- Akko constantly getting into trouble can get annoying, until she improved as the series progress.
- It got quite inappropriate for it's TV-Y7 rating at times. Like in the episode Chariot and Croix( renamed to The Things We Said Today on Netflix ), the word sh** was heard, not joking (altrough Japan has different standards for age ratings).