Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lizzie McGuire was a Disney Channel original series. It first aired on from January 12, 2001 to February 14, 2004 and it was created by Terri Minsky.
Lizzie McGuire has great friends, a great family and even great foes. Get inside her head.
Why It Rocks
- Incredible premise.
- Great acting, especially from Hilary Duff.
- Some likable characters such as Lizzie, Miranda, and Gordo.
- The animated version of Lizzie was a pretty good idea, as if she was to get her animated series.
- Good intro.
- Passable and heartwarming moments.
- It spawned a film called The Lizzie McGuire Movie, which wrapped up the series well and Lizzie finally gets together with Gordo.
- It uses Lizzie's animated consciousness to portray her real feelings in situations where she's too kind to grow a spine, something we can all relate to.
- Animated Lizzie's snarkiness is hilarious and fun to watch, even for those who normally don't like Disney's sitcoms.
- It often caters to both genders by having the girls occupy the main plot while having Gordo or Matt hold the B-plot.
- Some unlikable characters such as Matt and Kate.
- The show kind of ended too soon.
- The show will be returning at Disney+ as a sequel to the original series, with Duff reprising her role.
- This show was aired on Disney Channel on January 12, 2001, right after Zenon: The Zequel.