Malcolm in the Middle
Malcolm in the Middle is a TV show that debuted in 2000 and lasted until 2006. It was produced by Linwood Boomer under his production company, Satin City (founded in 1991).
The series stars Malcolm, the third of four later five children of Hal and Lois Wilkerson, as he deals with rigors of being adolescent and the dysfunctions of his family.
Why it Rocks
- The jokes feel genuine and without a laugh track in sight.
- Malcolm's fourth wall breaks gives great commentary on the situation he is in.
- The show has great messages about life and family.
- Francis's misadventures also make for some great sub-plots.
- It has a great theme song which fits the show quite nice.
- The humor can get too crude or too mean-spirited sometimes.
- Lois, While she is a nice mother, she can often be incredibly unlikeable and less loving, For example, in the episode "The Evacuation", there is a scene where Lois talks to a newscast, which then the newscast talks to Malcolm, but Lois tells him that "he's grounded" and Malcolm is put into tremendous shame, Though it's never to the point where she is a more horrible version of Peter Griffin's flanderization.
- Speaking of flanderization, her nature can also be extremely insensitive, mean-spirited, and simply sad, causing Lois to have a terrible and almost disturbing demeanor.
- Incorrect Rating: On Amazon Prime Video, you have a rating for everyone when in reality this series is for teens, as for example it sometimes shows slightly sexual things.
- The ending was odd. It's as if there was another episode to the show, when there isn't.