Maya the Bee
|This page is being considered for deletion for the following reason: Short page with weak pointers.|
Maya the Bee is a computer-animated comedy television series produced by Studio 100 Animation in association with ZDF, TF1 and ABC. It is based on the character Maya the Bee introduced in 1912. This is the second animated adaptation focused on the character, after the anime Maya the Honey Bee that aired in the 1970s.
Why It Rocks
- The new character designs for Maya the Bee franchise are pure charming.
- Maya is a very cute protagonist.
- The CG-animation was perfectly set of the early-2010s standards.
- Memorable characters, including Maya, a cute, tomboyish protagonist, Miss Cassandra, Maya's adoptive mother, and a funny-looking grasshopper, Flip.
- Decent voice acting, especially from both German and English dubs.
- It was lighter, more comical and funnier than the anime from the '70s.
- Maya's character design is pure adorable.
- Cutesy opening.
- It successfully spawned books, video games and theatrical feature films.
- It almost feels like a CBBC show, which was aimed to tweens and young teens.
- Unlike the book, this series was completely passable.
- Overuse of gross-out jokes. For example, Lara, the cute little ladybug, put on Ben's very stinky poop on her very cute face, as a badly-surprised shampoo.