Megas XLR is an American animated television series that aired on Cartoon Network as part of the Toonami block and is produced by Cartoon Network Studios. It was created by Jody Schaeffer and George Krstic.
Two slackers come across a giant robot from the future and use the robot for their shenanigans; however, a race of aliens is in pursuit of the robot for its own ends.
Why It Rocks
- The story-lines with some good action and comedy.
- Awesome intro which was performed by Ragtime Revolutionaries.
- Great voice acting, especially from David DeLuise, Wendee Lee and Steve Blum.
- Memorable characters like Coop, Kiva, and Jamie.
- Awesome villains, such as The Glorft.
- Some hilarious moments, like Coop, the main protagonist loves to smash everything.
- Unlike most other Cartoon Network shows, this was the first series to aired on Toonami block and it works.
- Some decent animation, including the first season was animated by Titmouse, Inc.
- During the series, some of the episodes has some great anime parodies like Bad Guy and S-Force S.O.S. (Gatchaman), Coop D'Etat (Mazinger Z), Ultra Chicks (Sailor Moon), Space Booty (Captain Harlock) and the two-part series finale Rearview Mirror, Mirror (Gundam).
- Speaking of which, Rearview Mirror, Mirror was a great way to end, where Coop and Gorrath work together to stop the Evil Coop from the Dimensional Gate.
- One of Cartoon Network‘s best shows, alongside with Sym-Bionic Titan.
- Kiva was featured a stone in the OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes crossover special, Crossover Nexus.
The Only Bad Quality
- It got cancelled after only two seasons, due to low ratings.
- Originally entitled Lowbrow, the pilot episode was shown on July 19, 2002, during the Cartoon Cartoon Weekend Summerfest, which determined which short would become a new Cartoon Cartoon.
- It was originally aired in December 2003, before it was delayed, until it debuted on May 1, 2004.
- The series made their appearance in Cartoon Network Action Pack which was ran from 2006 to 2012, published by DC Comics, along with the other Cartoon Network shows. This series only made for 7 comics from 2006 to 2007.
- The show was continued to rerun from January 16, 2005 to June 24, 2006.