Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mezzo DSA (MEZZO -メゾ-) is a 13-episode anime series created by Yasuomi Umetsu and the first not to be licensed by Anime Works, but instead licensed by ADV Films in 2004. It is a follow up to the 2001 OVA Mezzo Forte.
Why It Rocks
- It shows the largest flaws of humanity of how corrupt, hypocritical, and powered-up the punching of humanity can be.
- Great art style that makes it feel like its something from Studio Pierrot.
- Good animation and visuals with CGI animation using Alias Wavefront Maya software.
- It also shows that discrimination can lead to the worst of things such as war, murder, fighting, and death.
- Great story to show if we fix the flaws humanity has caused. The world would be a better place.
- Mature content and comedy themes used in a good and narrative reason.
- Great opening and ending theme.
- The opening sequence used a rock-n-roll themed music.
- Likable characters such as Mikura, Kenichi, and Tomohisa.
- Many flashbacks to give more information about the story and characters.
- The lighthearted scenes are used to show there's still a lot of positive things in humanity.
- The series can be bad for some due to its excessive usage of mature content.
- Story can get awful at times.
- The voice acting in the Japanese and English versions aren't great.
- The anime cuts out some things and had a original cliffhanger ending.
- Many of the human antagonists are extremely unlikable and can make many people to stop watching the series.