Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is an American CGI animated preschool show created by Bobs Gannaway. It lasted from 2006 to 2016.
Why It Rocks
- Faithful to the original Mickey Mouse.
- The Sensational Six (the main clique of the show) are amazing characters with deep, relatable and diverse personalities such as the optimistic leader Mickey, his girlfriend Minnie, the sassy Daisy, the short-tempered Donald, the bumbling Goofy, and the loyal yet easily jealous Pluto.
- In one episode, "Mickey's Color Adventure", when the clubhouse turns black-and-white, this references the classic Mickey Mouse cartoons originally filmed in black-and-white.
- The theme song is super catchy.
- Toodles is so cute with a face.
- Amazing CGI animation in seasons 2, 3, and 4.
- The Hot Dog song that plays at the end of every episode is both catchy and nostalgic.
- Subverts some preschool show cliches by having a three-dimensional villain in the form of Pete. In fact, he's not even a villain, he's more of an anti-hero, since he makes friends with the Sensational Six from time to time.
- Doesn't try to cash in on the latest trends and treats the audience with a very high level of respect.
- Very educational, as it teaches young children about shapes, colors, numbers, social skills, etc.
- A great way to introduce kids to Disney.
- Some parental bonuses, such as when Mortimer appeared in some episodes.
- Has several television movies, such as Mickey and Donald in Wonderland, which are amazing, dramatic, emotional movies.
- Amazing plotlines with some continuity.
- Properly utilizes the talents of Wayne Allwine (Bret Iwan starting in 2012; Allwine had recorded enough dialogue for season three before his 2009 death), Tony Anslemo, Russi Taylor, and many other talented voice actors.
- Hilarious moments, mainly from Goofy and Donald.
- The CGI in Season 1, while not terrible, isn't as good as the animation in seasons 2, 3, & 4.
- Even though the plots are good, the way they are structured can get repetitive to some viewers after a while.
- Most of the songs are just the characters rhythmically talking, and can't even be considered songs at all, except for the theme song and the Hot Dog song.
The show received mixed to positive reviews, Common Sense Media gave the show 4 out of 5, stating "Fun and learning abound in this mouse's house.", IMDb gave it a 5.9 out of 10 rating.
- This is the longest running Disney show, running for 10 years straight, even beating out Wizards of Waverly Place, Kim Possible, and Phineas and Ferb.
- The series was mocked in the Mickey Mouse episode "Eau de Minnie", in the scene where Minnie starts trying to find a dress to wear in order to give a good impression to Mickey, she finds the pink and white-spotted dress she uses in this series, only for her to say, "Too young", which is an obvious jab at the fact Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is targeted towards toddlers and preschoolers.