Molang is a French/South Korean animated children's television series created by the animation studios Millimages. The titular character, Molang, was designed by the Korean illustrator Hye-Ji Yoon, on the platform KakaoTalk. The series first aired on Canal+ France in November 2, 2015. Since then, 4 seasons, 9 TV specials and a music album have been produced and are widely broadcast. The first season is available since July 2019 on Netflix Worldwide. In February 2020, Millimages has announced the development of Season 5 (52 episodes x 5 min). As of 2020, Molang's TV exposure extends to more than 190 countries and has become a cross-media franchise: TV series, merchandising, publishing, music album, GIFs, digital series, stickers etc.
The series features the "offbeat friendship" between main characters Molang and Piu Piu as they humorously confront everyday problems.
Why It Rocks
- Catchy theme song. Watch it here.
- Great soundtrack & music score.
- A lot of funny episodes in there, such as "The Pumpkin", "The Forrest", & Other episodes.
- Good, likable and memorable characters.
- Wonderful pilot.
- Cool voice acting.
- Cute, colorful and beautiful backgrounds.
- Amazing music.
- Piu Piu! Molang!
- The other characters are adorable.
- They teaches some good adventures and lessons.
- Their personalities might resemble as Whisker Haven characters.
- Fun and incredibly beautiful animation that looks like Maryoku Yummy.
- Some weak videos & episodes like Shuuuuush! and Stay safe from the COVID 19
- The ghost can be unlikeable sometimes.
- Piu Piu turned into a giant in Mega Piu Piu.
The show received positive reviews. On its IMDb page, the show currently has a 8.5/10.
Google gave the show 96%, with a user rating.
- Molang uses "My Best Friend" as a universal signature for all worldwide licensees, on all packagings. It now represents two master toy licensees (Tomy & Jazwares), over 100 licensees worldwide, and more than 700 different products, including kids and adults apparels, children's books and magazines, stationery, magnets, stickers, underwear, sleepwear, etc.