My Wife and Kids
My Wife and Kids is an American sitcom that ran on ABC from March 28, 2001 to May 17, 2005. The series was produced by Touchstone Pictures. It starred Damon Wayans as Michael Kyle, the patriarch of a semi-dysfunctional middle class African-American family who rules his household with a unique and distinct parenting style. As he teaches his three children some of life's lessons, he does so with his own brand of humor. Wayans and veteran television writer/producer Don Reo co-created and co-produced the series.
Why It Rocks
- Great acting.
- Awesome catchprases as: Eh, nuh and Isn't she great?
- Good characters as Michael, Jay, Jr., Claire, Kady, Franklin, Calvin, Vanessa, Tony and many more.
- The relationship of Junior and Vanessa is just lovable.
- The relationship of Kady and Franklin is also lovable.
- The second Claire Kyle (portrayed by Jeniffer Nicole Freeman) was well received by the fans.
- Junior Junior is very cute.
- Tony and Calvin are very funny characters.
- Like Everybody Hates Chris, the show also is very famous in Brazil and also France and the series has fans there.
- Guest stars, like Michael Jordan guest starred on the special episode "Fantasy Camp" and the late Lou Rawls guest starred on the episode "He Heard, She Heard", singing his hit song "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine".
- Michael Kyle is a jerk towards his own son, Jr., having no respect and mocking him, just because sometimes Junior is a jerk, but he sometimes supports him.
- He also was a jerk and selfish to not only his own wife Jay, also to his own family in two episodes.
- Kady is a spoiled sometimes
- The mother of Claire's first actress, Jazz Raycole, didn't wanted renew the contract of the show, due on the episode "Mom's Away", when Claire's friend, portrayed by Raven-Symoné, discovers is pregnant.
- Never had a holiday-themed episode.
- Also, the series doesn't have a theme song, which is unfair.
- The series ended on a cliffhanger, at the end on the episode "The V Story" when Jay tells to Michael is pregnant again. No information was given why the series was cancelled. Rumors spoke the show was going to be renewed for a Season 6 and would be aired on ABC Family (actual Freeform), but sadly this never happened.
- Liliana Mumy, the voice actress of Leni Loud from The Loud House, acted in this series as one of Kady's classmates, Rachel McNamara.