New Girl (Sonny With A Chance)
New Girl is the 26th and final episode of Season 2 of Sonny With A Chance and the 47th episode overall, as well as the series finale.
Sonny writes a song about her break up with Chad. Grady starts hanging out at a restaurant called The Patio and develops a crush on a new waitress.
Why It Rocks
- The episode starts off good and funny when the main cast were trying to come up with a new sketch for their show.
- Many funny moments, like mimicking Chad, a sunglasses joke, and Chad running like a girl.
- Sonny is going through some emotional things after her break up with Chad, as she tries to write a song at her place, but leads to complaints from her neighbor, which was funny.
- The gang’s new hangout at The Patio is cool and interesting, where Sonny signs up for the entertainment performance to sing, and the gang meets Mel.
- The funny and good stuff continues at Sonny’s place, with Mal being her neighbor, Chad visiting, Sonny continuing on writing her song, and Sonny and Mal betting that Sonny will receive a standing ovation when she sings at The Patio.
- When the day comes at the Patio, the cast comes to see her, and there was a funny moment with Grady, when he overreacts to seeing Mal. When Sonny was telling her lame jokes, the audience actually laughs. But it turns out Chad he paid professionals to cheer for Sony to win the bet, so he could give her the recognition she deserved, while it was cheating, it’s the thought that counts.
- Sony does catch on to Chad’s plan and catches him when she begins to notice him and recognizes some of the audience are from Mackenzie Falls, so she leaves the Patio after telling Chad to stop helping her.
- Sonny yelling at her friends when they were trying to tell her sketch ideas is not out of character, as it reflects that she’s still hurt after finding out Chad tried to help her, and she doesn’t want to feel hurt again, thinking they were going to say a sketch idea involving Chad.
- Sonny goes to pay Mal, which shows playing fair after Chad made her unintentionally cheat, but Mal still keeps the bet up, knowing that Sonny didn’t sing yet. They had a quick argument, but they did stop and Sonny helps her rearrange her furniture.
- Another day later at the Patio, there was another funny moment with Grady, speaking to Mal in an accent. When Sonny starts to sing, she stops when Chad comes out, and knowing her song is about him, she stops and leaves the Patio, knowing she can’t sing it in front of him. Later at Sonny’s place, Mal comes over, comforts Sonny, and tells her that while it hurts that Chad is still in her system, she has to deal with it to move on.
- With the advice Mal gave her, Sonny finally sings "What To Do" at the Patio, which is a great song for a series finale, and also winning the bet.
- The ending was good as Chad and Sonny had a nice simple talk, with everything cleared, and Sonny hums her song as we see her walking.
- The credits scene was pretty funny, with Grady talking to Mal at the Patio, getting a drink, to impress her. When Mal went to get his drink, she said that he was a dork, and she loves him, which was sweet.
- This episode was an awesome way to end the series, and would have been the perfect ending for the franchise if it did not continue past that point.