Nick Hits was a programming block on Nickelodeon Latin America and Brazil, which aired classic Nicktoons, it replaced Nick at Nite on weekends. The block launched on July 4, 2009 and ended on April 5, 2010, only lasting nine months. All of the block's programs were added to the lineup of the block that replaced it, Nick at Nite.
Shows That Aired on the Block
Rugrats (only aired in Latin America, not aired in Brazil)
The Ren & Stimpy Show (Seasons 3-5 only, only aired in Brazil, in Latin America was rerun on MTV)
As Told By Ginger
Aaahh! Real Monsters
Rocko's Modern Life
The Angry Beavers
The Wild Thornberrys
Why It Rocked
- It aired classic Nicktoons from 1990s to early 2000s to the Latin American and Brazilian audiences who wanted the return of the airings of the classic Nicktoons on Nickelodeon Latin America and Brazil.
- Is Nickelodeon's Latin America and Brazil classic block done right, unlike Nick Clásicos/Clássicos Nick in 2015 and 2017.
- The block's bumpers are funny.
- The bumpers and the block's logo have a nice color scheme of orange and green, Nickelodeon's main colors.
- Some of the block's bumpers used the songs of the classic Nickelodeon bumpers or track music was used in some of the Nicktoons.
The Only Bad Quality
- As mentioned before, the block only lasted nine months on the air, due to Nickelodeon's rebrand in Latin America and Brazil on April 5, 2010, which ended various of the Nicktoons were aired on Nick Hits being transferred to Nick at Nite.
- KaBlam! and ChalkZone were announced to air in the block, but both series did not air in the block, despite a ChalkZone promo airing in the block's commercial breaks.
- Like ChalkZone, the Nickelodeon UK series, Renford Rejects also did not air on the block, despite the show's promo aired in the commercial breaks.
- Although Rocko's Modern Life did air on the block, the show didn't have a promo.
- The promos of various Nicktoons did or did not air in the block used scenes from the last episodes of these same Nicktoons listed below:
- Hey Arnold!: The Journal
- Rocket Power: Capture the Flag/The Jinx
- The Angry Beavers: It's a Spootiful Life/The Mom from U.N.C.L.E.
- CatDog: Vexed of Kin/Meat's Dog Friends
- Invader Zim: Zim Eats Waffles/Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars
- Aaahh! Real Monsters: Super Ickis/The Substitute
- The Ren & Stimpy Show: I Was a Teenage Stimpy/Who's Stupid Now?/A Scooter for Yaksmas
- The Wild Thornberrys: Clash and Learn/Eliza Unplugged
- As Told By Ginger: Ten Chairs/Battle of the Bands
- Rugrats: Fountain of Youth/Kimi Takes the Cake
- In the case of Aaahh! Real Monsters, The Angry Beavers and The Wild Thornberrys promos, was used the screams of Aaahh! Real Monsters, the end credits song of The Angry Beavers and the song of the last episode of The Wild Thornberrys, instead of the theme songs of these series.
- Doug did not air on Nick Hits, due of Disney still owning the show.
- Only Seasons 3-5 (known as the Games Animation era) of The Ren & Stimpy Show aired on the block in Brazil; for unknown reasons, Seasons 1-2 (known as Spümcø era) did not air on the block.
- For some reason, one of the block's bumpers used a scene from Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon" episode, Onward and Upward, despite Adult Party Cartoon not airing on Nickelodeon.
- The last show the block aired on the block's last day (April 5, 2010) was Invader Zim.