Nickelodeon Animation Studio
Nickelodeon Animation Studio (also shorted to Nickelodeon Animation or Nick Animation) is an American animation studio and division of Paramount Global. It has created many of Nickelodeon's original animated programs (also known as Nicktoons) and Nick Jr. The studio was founded in 1990, under the name Games Animation by Vanessa Coffey and Mary Harrington. It was renamed Nickelodeon Animation Studio in 1998. Their current president is Ramsey Ann Naito.
Why They Deserve A Krabby Patty
- They make great Nicktoons (even their Nicktoons on Netflix), many of them modern cartoon classics, from the older ones to the current ones as well as cartoons for Nickelodeon's sister channels - preschool cartoons for Nick Jr. and more the Nicktoons channel, for the decades:
- 1990s: Doug, Rugrats, The Ren and Stimpy Show, Rocko's Modern Life, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Blue's Clues, Hey Arnold!, The Angry Beavers, CatDog, The Wild Thornberrys, SpongeBob SquarePants, Rocket Power and Little Bill
- 2000s: Dora the Explorer, As Told by Ginger, The Fairly OddParents, Invader Zim, Oswald, ChalkZone, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius, All Grown Up!, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Danny Phantom, The Backyardigans, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Go, Diego, Go!, Catscratch, The X's, Wonder Pets!, El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera, Back at the Barnyard, Ni Hao, Kai-Lan and The Penguins of Madagascar.
- 2010s: Team Umizoomi, T.U.F.F. Puppy, Bubble Guppies, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, The Legend of Korra, Robot and Monster, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Wallykazam!, Blaze and the Monster Machines, Harvey Beaks, Fresh Beat Band of Spies, Shimmer and Shine, The Loud House, Welcome to the Wayne, Sunny Day, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Butterbean's Cafe, Pinky Malinky, The Casagrandes and Blue's Clues & You!.
- 2020s: It's Pony, Glitch Techs, Santiago of the Seas, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy and Big Nate.
- A lot of their Nicktoons and Nick Jr. have great animation and good voice acting.
- Many respected animators who work or worked at the studio, like the late Stephen Hillenburg, Vincent Waller, Joe Murray, Jhonen Vazquez, Craig Bartlett, Arlene Klasky, Gabor Csupo, the late Chris Reccardi, Rob Renzetti, Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, the late Tuck Tucker, Jeff Borkin, Jonny Belt, Robert Scull, Jennifer Twomey, Soo Kim, Michael Smith and many more.
- They also made awesome movies based on their Nicktoons, especially with SpongeBob movies.
- The Artist Sessions from their YouTube channel is amazing, where various artists from the studio show how to draw various Nicktoons characters.
- They even uploaded the theme intro song on social media for many Nicktoons and Nick Jr. shows.
- The Nickelodeon Animation Podcast with Hector Navarro, with interviews featuring animators and voice actors from Nickelodeon, is incredible.
- They have several cool and awesome theme songs, from Nicktoons show ones (Doug, Rugrats, The Ren and Stimpy Show, Rocko's Modern Life, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold!, The Angry Beavers, CatDog, The Wild Thornberrys, SpongeBob SquarePants, Rocket Power, As Told by Ginger, The Fairly OddParents, ChalkZone, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius, All Grown Up!, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Danny Phantom, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Catscratch, The X's, El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera, Back at the Barnyard, The Penguins of Madagascar, T.U.F.F. Puppy, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, The Legend of Korra, Robot and Monster, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harvey Beaks, The Loud House, Welcome to the Wayne, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Pinky Malinky, The Casagrandes, It's Pony, Glitch Techs, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate) to Nick Jr. show ones (Blue's Clues, Little Bill, Dora the Explorer, Oswald, The Backyardigans, Go, Diego, Go!, Wonder Pets!, Ni Hao, Kai-Lan, Team Umizoomi, Bubble Guppies, Wallykazam!, Blaze and the Monster Machines, Fresh Beat Band of Spies, Shimmer and Shine, Sunny Day, Butterbean's Cafe, Blue's Clues & You!, Santiago of the Seas)
- The animation studio has lots of really likable and reliable characters for each shows from Nicktoons and Nick Jr.:
- Blue's Clues: Blue, Steve and Joe
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, Squidward Tentacles, Mr. Krabs, Sandy Cheeks and Sheldon J. Plankton
- My Life as a Teenage Robot: Jenny "X-J9" Wakeman, Dr. Nora Wakeman, Brad, Tuck and Sheldon
- The Backyardigans: Uniqua, Pablo, Tyrone, Tasha and Austin
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: Aang, Katara, Sokka, Toph, Zuko and Uncle Iroh
- Team Umizoomi: Milli, Geo, Bot and UmiCar
- T.U.F.F. Puppy: Dudley, Kitty, The Chief and Keswick
- Bubble Guppies: Molly, Gil, Goby, Deema, Oona, Nonny, Zooli, Bubble Puppy and Mr. Grouper
- Blaze and the Monsters Machines: Blaze, AJ, Gabby, Crusher, Pickle, Stripes, Starla, Darington, Zeg and Watts
- The Loud House: Lori Loud, Leni Loud, Luna Loud, Luan Loud, Lynn Loud Jr., Lincoln Loud, Lucy Loud, Lana Loud, Lola Loud, Lisa Loud, Lily Loud and Clyde McBride
- Santiago of the Seas: Santiago Montes, Tomás, Lorelai and Bonnie Bones
- Star Trek: Prodigy: Dal R'El, Gwyndala, Jankom Pog, Zero, Rok-Tahk, Murf and Kathryn Janeway
- Big Nate: Nate Wright, Francis, Teddy, Dee Dee and Chad
- There are several great studios/companies that produced the cartoons with Nicktoons and Nick Jr. like Klasky-Csupo, Inc., Jumbo Pictures, Spümcø, DreamWorks Animation, CBS Eye Animation Productions, Games Animation (NAS's predecessor), WildBrain Studios, Snee-Oosh, Inc., Curious Pictures, Frederator Studios, Omation Animation Studios, Nelvana, DNA Productions, John Cohen Productions, Paws, Inc., and United Plankton Pictures.
- They send condolences to the people who tragically died in the Kyoto Animation Arson Fire in Japan in 2019.
- They also made some bad Nicktoons and Nick Jr. shows. Some are even on Terrible TV Shows Wiki. It is considered by many that anything released after 2009 is of lower quality than earlier cartoons, with some exceptions.
- Some of the animators who worked for the studio, like John Kricfalusi, Butch Hartman, and Chris Savino, are no longer respected due to their controversies.
- Speaking of John K., because of his sexual harassment allegations in 2018, the studio removed/made private some Ren & Stimpy videos from their YouTube channel and they removed his portrait from the studio as a result, as well he's not going to have financial remuneration or creative input in the Comedy Central's Ren and Stimpy reboot made by Nickelodeon Animation Studio themselves.
- Animators like C.H. Greenblatt and Micah Wright were mistreated at the studio by the former Nickelodeon president Cyma Zarghami. Her taking the position in 2006 is considered the downfall of Nicktoons and Nickelodeon as a whole.
- Unfortunately they rejected some pilots that could be potential Nicktoons, such as Constant Payne, Crubside, The Modifyers, Adventure Time (fortunately Cartoon Network picked up Adventure Time instead and made the series one of their biggest successes in the recent years) and recently with Planet Panic, according to the pilot's creator Gene Goldstein, Nickelodeon is not going pick up the pilot.