Night of the Living Shnookums (The Shnookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show)
Night of the Living Shnookums is the first segment in the 11th episode of The Shnookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show. It first aired on March 13, 1995.
On a stormy night, Meat thinks he has killed Shnookums after he chased him and right after Shnookums lambasted him for being easily scared of a horror flick. But it is not the last he has seen of Shnookums.
Why It Rocks
- Shnookums and Meat are likable and rather hilarious in this episode, which is not the case for most episodes.
- The animation, voice acting, and music are all better than usual.
- This episode is very well-written unlike most of the episodes, as it shows the perfect way Disney would do a Ren & Stimpy parody with its own Saturday morning style with a coherent if pretty bizarre & weird plot.
- Because of this, it shows the true potential of Disney's absurdity, gross-out, and well-done slapstick.
- Even if there was at least one joke that didn't make sense but was somewhat silly; There are plenty of funny moments, such as the Shnookums zombie mask prank he inflicted onto Meat, Meat smartly getting back at him because of said prank, and when Meat practically went paranoid after hilariously reassuring himself that everything was gonna be fine without Shnookums and failing at it.
- As usual, Shnookums gets his comeuppance for starting the conflict by making Meat mad, and this time it's done in a very funny way, such as the classic 'run over him with a train' cartoon gag.
- Meat & Shnookums show that they really care for each other when they thought each other was gone. Especially Meat when it came to making us sympathize for him throughout the whole episode, moments like when Meat humorously changed the channels on the TV where it was all showing a cat injured or turning into abominations, reminding him of what he thought he did to Shnookums and how he was thinking of what could've happened to Shnookums as well. Which makes it all the more sympathetic.
- They both also play dead to trick one another, which is funny to watch and a very entertaining running gag.
- The ending was decent, where at least Meat comes back to the house, to also play the zombie trick on Shnookums, much to Shnookums dismay, which is satisfying to see what he gets for throwing Meat over the bridge, albeit, not knowing that Meat was actually still alive.
- The one joke that didn’t make sense revolved around Meat’s butt falling off and him putting it back on while he was laughing, but it was still somewhat silly.
- While still likable, and while this moment was done hilariously, Shnookums tried to dump Meat while in a trash bin and into a river off of a bridge when Meat immediately revealed that he was trying to make Shnookums realize his mistakes with going too far with his pranks. And it can still come off as a somewhat contemptible move on Shnookums's part, especially when he selfishly feeds himself fish after ditching Meat and even forgetting about that fact in particular.