Ninja Hattori-kun (Ninja Hattori in some countries) is a Japanese series, this series started as a manga in 1964, however, it was later adapted into a television-drama series in 1966 but then got cancelled in 1968, this show came back as an anime in 1981 but later cancelled in 1987, this show came back in 2013 and used flash animation
11-year-old Kenichi Mitsuba is an average kid who goes to secondary school and struggles with his studies, he is very stubborn and is very lazy and therefore always ends up frustrating his parents and teacher. He loves to find an easy way of things much to the annoyance of Hattori.
Meanwhile, a little ninja named Hattori Kanzo befriends Kenichi. Hattori is now a part of the Mitsuba family along with his brother Shinzo, and his ninja dog, Shishimaru. Hattori helps Kenichi with his problems, and constantly keeps an eye on him, as a good friend. Yumeko is portrayed as Kenichi's love interest.
The main antagonist Kemumaki, a Koga Ninja and his ninja cat Kagechiyo. Kemumaki always troubles Kenichi. Kenichi asks Hattori to take revenge as a recurring storyline in many episodes. Although Hattori is a good friend, Kenichi sometimes fights with Hattori due to misunderstandings created by Kemumaki. Sometimes Jippou, Togejirou and Tsubame help him.
There are five main locations in the series: Tokyo City, Shinto Temple, Iga Province, Iga Mountains, Kōga Valley.
Why It Rocks
- The theme song is catchy.
- The character designs are good and nice looking, like Kenichi's for example.
- The characters are really interesting, especially Hattori himself.
- The characters are introduced one at a time, which helps the viewers get familiar with them and the world they live in.
- The animation is well-done and looks like a-lot of effort was put into it.
- It had some crossovers with other great Fujiko Fujio shows, such as Doraemon and Perman.
- There are over 600 episodes, each with their own unique stories and jokes.
- It has inspired several internet memes, mostly due to the "D se Dab" commercial and the hilarious live-action commercials.
- Some episodes are very mean-spirited, mainly involving Kenichi getting tortured.
- Kio can be really annoying sometimes.
- There are several low-budget, misleading fan videos titled "Ninja Hattori death stories" that depict characters dying, similar to the Doraemon death stories. Here's an example.
- The voice acting is terrible in the Indian English dub, thankfully there's another English dub made in Asia that has much better voice acting.