Ninja Sentai Kakuranger
Ninja Sentai Kakuranger (忍者戦隊カクレンジャー, Ninja Sentai Kakurenjā) is a Japanese tokusatsu television series. It was Toei Company Limited's eighteenth production of the Super Sentai metaseries. Action footage from the series was used in the third season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The core Kakuranger costumes were used in Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers.
Why It Rocks
- It's the first-ever ninja-based Sentai.
- Cool suit designs that look accurate to actual ninjas.
- The Kakurangers are very likable and have very distinct personalities:
- Sasuke (NinjaRed) being the most hot-headed of the team.
- Tsuruhime (NinjaWhite) being the leader, the most serious of the team, and the first female leader.
- Seikai (NinjaYellow) being the slacker of the team.
- Saizou (NinjaBlue) being the most cowardly of the team.
- and Jiraiya (NinjaBlack) being the loner of the team.
- Ninjaman is a cool sixth ranger.
- The Punishment Sailor Sisters are great wannabe rangers.
- Flowery Kunoichi Team is an intimidating Evil Sentai team.
- Good storyline.
- Decent Megazords.
- The theme song is catchy to listen to.
- It had a special video called "Super Sentai World" which showcased the previous 4 Super Sentai series, which were Gosei Sentai Dairanger, Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger, Choujin Sentai Jetman and Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman.
- It's spiritual successor, Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger was very good.
- The movie was awesome.
- The suits were only used in Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers, which was a very short-lived miniseries.
- While it's good, the next season, Chouriki Sentai Ohranger wasn't well-received at all.
- Speaking of Ohrangers, The whole team gets to team-up with Chouriki Sentai Ohranger, missing out on a potentially awesome team-up with the Gosei Sentai Dairanger team.
- 27th Episode was perhaps the worst episode of the season.