No Game No Life
"No Game, No Life" (ノーゲーム・ノーライフ Nōgēmu Nōraifu) is a light novel series by Yuu Kamiya. An anime television series adaptation by Madhouse premiered on April 9, 2014 and it ran till June 25, 2014. The manga adaption of the series is also currently in serialization in Monthly Comic Alive.
Why It Rocks
- A concept between two genius shut-ins get transported to another world and must find their way to defeat the god of games in order to become king and queen of the game world is interesting.
- Amazing animation made by MadHouse, a very loved animation studio.
- Likable characters like Shiro, Sora, Stephanie Dola, .etc.
- Good voice acting. Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Sora, (Kazuto Kirigaya from Sword Art Online and Kanda Sorata from The Pet Girl of Sakura Hall) Ai Kayano as Shiro, (Mashiro Shiina from The Pet Girl of Sakura Hall and Alice Zuberg from Sword Art Online: Alicization) Yoko Hikasa as Stephanie Dola (Kyouko Kirigiri from Danganronpa, Weiss Schnee in the Japanese dub of RWBY, Rias Gremory from High School DxD) Rie Kagamiya as Tet, (Taiga Aiska from Toradora and Juuzo Suzuya from Tokyo Ghoul) and many more.
- Includes Pop culture references to media like Persona 4, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Steins;Gate, Doraemon, and more.
- Funny humor.
- It spawned a movie, which is just as good. If not, even better.
- It sometimes overuses fanservice. Although not as much as High School DxD, and Heaven's Lost Property.
- It sometimes sexualize Shiro, who is just 11 years old. This also applies to Izuna, who is just 8 years old.
- While Caitlyn French is a great English voice casting choice for Shiro, she sounds older than an average 11 year old.
- Stephanie Dola is sometimes treated as the show's punching bag.
- Not only it had 12 episodes, the series left off with a cliffhanger.