Jump to navigation Jump to search
Os Under-Undergrounds is a Brazilian animated cartoon series created by Hugo Oda, produced by Tortuga Studios and aired by Nickelodeon. With a first season of 26 episodes, the series premiered on May 9, 2016. It is also aired on TV Cultura.
Why It Rocks
- The plot of the show is well developed, showing Hector who falls from a hole to the Underground World, who befriends Layla, Lud, James and Bob who form a band called Os Under-Undergrounds, to win the battle of the bands and get Hector back home.
- Amazing and gorgeous rock songs, that were composed by the same composer of Boy & The World (O Menino e o Mundo), Ruben Feffer, that were influenced by classic rock bands like The Beatles, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and more.
- Great characters like Heitor, Layla, Bob, Lud, James and many more.
- It has funny and also emotional moments.
- Heitor and Layla's relationship is greatly developed through the series passes, which ended them kissing in the final episode of Season 1, "Hora de Ir".
- Has references of musicians and bands like The Beatles, David Bowie, Green Day, Pink Floyd, Kiss and many others.
- The names of each character refer to great composers and musicians of pop culture: Ludwig Waters is a reference to both Ludwig van Beethoven and Roger Waters, Ozzy is a reference to Ozzy Osbourne, Zack and his band (the Efrons) are a reference to Zac Efron, Heitor Villa Lobos is the same of a Brazilian composer that was important for the 20th-century Brazilian art music...
- It has a great art style inspired by Japanese animations (anime), something very rare among Latin cartoons.
- The animation (although not as good as many other anime-inspired cartoons) is decent, especially by the standards of a Brazilian animation from the 2010s.
- It has a plot with development in the characters.
- Amazing voice acting from Arthur Berges, Bruna Guerin, Fábio Lucindo, Yuri Chesman, Robson Kumode and others.
- Ozzy, James' father who works to A Agência is a huge jerk for not letting Heitor come home.
- It has other jerk characters like Heitor's former band and their new manager from the pilot episode, that expelled him for just because he didn't have the look like Justin, which is stupid.
- The animation can look cheap sometimes.
- The jokes are sometimes silly and forced.
- It is remarkable a certain similarity between the plot and the game Undertale, but this is just a coincidence, since the first episode was originally posted on January 31, 2014, a year before the game's release.