Pair of Kings
Pair of Kings is an American television sitcom that originally aired on the cable channel Disney XD from September 10, 2010 to February 18, 2013. It was premiered September 10, 2010 on Disney Channel and September 22, 2010 on Disney XD. The sitcom's target audience was teenagers. The series began production on February 15, 2010, with stars Mitchel Musso and Doc Shaw departing fellow Disney series Hannah Montana, Phineas and Ferb, and The Suite Life on Deck respectively, and premiered on September 10, 2010 on the Disney Channel.
Why It Rocks
- Great acting, as Mitchel Musso, who played Oliver in Hannah Montana and Jeremy Johnson in Phineas and Ferb, was also amazing here. There are other great actors, such as Doc Shaw (who portrayed Marcus Little in The Suite Life on Deck), Adam Hicks (who portrayed Luther in Zeke and Luther), Kelsey Chow, Ryan Ochoa, and Geno Segers.
- Great balance of being an adventure show with fantasy, and also for being a teen sitcom at the same time.
- Tons of likable and enjoyable characters, especially the king brothers, Brady and Boomer, and also Mikayla, and Mason.
- Lanny was a funny mini-villain, who became nicer during the 3rd season and eventually becomes good, which was a good character growth.
- The third king brother, Boz, was a decent character in the 3rd season, and had a pretty sad backstory on how he was separated from his family before reuniting with them.
- Awesome storyline, with brothers sharing a kingdom together, and it works out for the most part.
- Some heartwarming moments, especially between the king brothers and their friends.
- Teaches a lot of life lessons, such as friendship and love.
- Catchy theme song, which really get’s you into the groove and adventure that this show has to offer.
- There are some funny moments here and there, especially from the king brothers.
- Well done backgrounds, notably island of Kinkow.
- "Long Live The Kings" was a good finale, and the final battle was pretty climatic.
- While this is still a great show that has a perfect actor for King Brady, Mitchel Musso being on this show is the main reason why in season 4 of Hannah Montana, Oliver is no longer one of the main characters.
- Many people believed that Brady would return, but he didn't. This is what disappointed many fans. If that wasn’t bad enough, this show’s final season actually faced the same fate as Hannah Montana, as Mitchel Musso left the show and King Brady is out of the show during that season. Unlike Oliver (who guest starred twice during season 4 of HM), King Brady never appears again after season 2, and while Boz was a decent character and season 3 was still good overall, Brady not being in the show anymore takes some of the charm away from the show, because he was such a good character.
- There were several things were left unanswered in the finale, such as Yamakoshi/King Kalakai, Brady, The Lady Of The Cave's painting of Boomer and Brady, and the fact that since the Dark Side was so close to The Castle, Zadoc should also be free from the stone. This also left the viewers in confusing of the Kings of Legend.
- King Boz isn't as great of a character as King Brady.
- Also, his foot jokes are nasty and corny.
Episodes with their own pages
- This is the third Disney show Mitchel Musso is in. The first being Hannah Montana, and the second being Phineas and Ferb.