Pepper Ann is an American animated series created by Sue Rose and aired on ABC. It debuted on September 13, 1997. Pepper Ann starred cartoon adolescents and charted their ups and downs at Hazelnut Middle School. It aired as part of the Disney's One Saturday Morning block. The character originated in a comic strip published in YM magazine.
The show centers on the titular character, Pepper Ann Pearson, a 12-year-old girl whose emotions come out in fantasies. The show was designed to be a "different sort" of girl's cartoon, and features many strong-willed female characters who aggressively reject the idea of passive femininity.
Why It Rocks
- Cool Voice Acting.
- Awesome animation and character designs.
- The character designs are in fact made by Mr. Warburton, the creator of Codename: Kids Next Door!
- Cute Theme Song.
- Funny Episode titles.
- Wonderful backgrounds.
- Many segments in the show are creative and unique.
- It ended with a final episode titled The Finale, which was just as good.
- "She’s her own biggest fan, Pepper Ann! Catch ‘er if you can, Pepper Ann!"
- Mr. Carter can be unlikeable sometimes.
- Some bad episodes like "The Unusual Suspects" & "Nicky Gone Bad"
- The episode, A No Hair Day, was a complete disaster.