Phineas and Ferb
Phineas and Ferb is an American animated series created by Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh for Disney Channel & Disney XD and was produced by Disney Television Animation, it ran from 2007 until 2015.
Phineas and Ferb spend their summer by building a roller coaster, finding a mummy and discovering something that doesn't exist, while their sister Candace repeatedly tries to bust them.
Why It Rocks
- A big variety of episode plots like when we get to have fun before school restarts at fall.
- The theme song is really nice and catchy.
- It helps promote creativity.
- Great voice acting.
- Likable characters with distinct personalities. For example, Phineas is the invention mastermind, Ferb is the quiet, mysterious one, Candance always wants to bust her brothers, etc.
- Every episode has 2 plots (one involving Phineas and Ferb, and the other involving Perry The Platypus).
- A lot of action going on.
- Perry the Platypus is an awesome character, and his "Agent P" theme song is incredibly catchy.
- Awesome musical numbers.
- Nice and smooth animation.
- Funny and creative running gags.
- Doofenshmirtz saying "Curse you, Perry the Platypus!" almost every time he’s been defeated.
- Candace trying to get her brothers busted and always failing.
- Someone saying "Hey, where's Perry?", then cutting to Perry going to his secret spy organization.
- Dooofenshmirtz’s "-inators" always failing because of Agent P.
- Phineas and Ferb’s activities always disappearing because of Doofenshmirtz and Agent P’s side of the story.
- Doofenshmirtz having a backstory for each of his "-inators".
- It spawned a TV-movie called “Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension”, which is very enjoyable to watch.
- It did a crossover with Marvel and Star Wars, two companies that are owned by Disney, how amazing is that?!
- Isabella Garcia-Shapiro is a sweet and adorable character, and most people would find her quote "Whatcha doin'?" hilarious.
- In addition to Across the 2nd Dimension, the show also got called ”Candace Against the Universe” for Disney+, which was also good.
- A lot of funny gags inspired by cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation such as Tex Avery and Chuck Jones.
- Doofenshmirtz is a great and hilarious antagonist even when he's an F in evil.
- Many memorable quotes such as "Doofenshmirtz Evil, Inc.!" and "You're busted!"
- The pacing is not the greatest here (each joke and event goes by too fast for you to think).
- The character designs for Phineas and Ferb are questionable to the point where the show pokes fun at it.
- Although the animation is amazing, Season 1 had a few times where the animation fell into the Uncanny Valley due to the amount of freedom it had (especially in The Ballad of Badbeard).
- Almost all the episodes follow the same formula all over again.
- With that said, this show rarely has any actual bad episode, but one good example of a bad episode is Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!.
- The later seasons became less about Phineas and Ferb's activities and more about Agent P's adventures.
Episodes With Their Own Pages
- This is the longest-running regular Disney show, having run for eight years, a record formerly held by Kim Possible. However, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, a preschool Disney show, ran for 10 years, but has less episodes than this series.
- Caroline Rhea, actress of Linda, was also Judy on Sydney To The Max.