Police Academy: The Animated Series
Police Academy: The Animated Series (also known as Police Academy) is a 1988 American animated television series based on the Police Academy series of films. The show was produced by Ruby-Spears Enterprises for Warner Bros. Animation. It aired weekdays and lasted two seasons for a total of 65 episodes.
The animated series takes place chronologically between the fourth and fifth films.
Thirteen characters are re-created for this animated version, including a team of Academy graduates led by Carey Mahoney, a likeable rogue bachelor boy, who unconsciously—and consistently—does his best to make life miserable for Captain Harris and his knucklehead assistant Sgt. Proctor.
Why it Rocks
- It's faithful, cute and perfect to the source material.
- Great voice acting.
- Awesome animation.
- Memorable villains, like Kingpin, Mr. Sleaze, Claw, Amazona, Lockjaw and Numbskull.
- Great music choices, especially the opening theme.
- Likable and memorable characters.
- Over Mahoney also include his friends the aptly named Moses Hightower, sound effects master Larvell Jones, trigger-happy Eugene Tackleberry, sweet and timid Laverne Hooks, hardened Debbie Callahan, colossal House, and the duo of reformed gang member Zed McGlunk and his best buddy, Carl Sweetchuck.
- Captain Harris, Sgt. Proctor and Commandant Eric Lassard also appears in the show.
- New characters appears in this show, including the Academy newcomer The Professor is also on hand, and also the cadets new friends, the K-9 Corps, a group of police dogs.
- Some characters like Zed, Sweetchuck, House and Tackleberry are considered the most loved by fans.
- Memorable episodes about fighting crime, for stocking the crime-fighting heroes with an endless supply of wacky gadgets as they combat a motley crew of Kingpin and other recurring and minor villains.
- Funny, amazing and underrated moments and quotes.
- Great morals after fighting crime.
- The animated show is better than the film series.
The Only Bad Quality
- The third episode of Season 2 "Kingpin's Council of Crime" was not aired in the United States.
- This show is also produced by Toei Animation.