Polly Pocket (2010)
Polly Pocket is an animated web series produced by Mattel in partnership with WildBrain Entertainment (Season 1) and later Liquid Animation (from Season 2-4), and based on the famous doll of the same name. It was launched in 2010 promoting the new style of the doll being initially launched over the internet through Polly Pocket's website. The episodes are usually around 1 minute long, an example that later would also be used for other cartoons based on Mattel toys like Monster High and Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse, with the exception of a few special episodes that last longer.
Why It Rocks
- Each season theme are great:
- Season 1 involves Polly and her friends having adventures in the worlds of creature animals having forms of something called Cutants.
- Season 2 is a mix between Polly Pocket and her friends still having adventures of the worlds of Cutants, but in this time, they rarely appear, while they have adventures in the real world.
- Season 3, although the Cutants were permanently removed, but the plot where Polly and her friends having adventures to have the best day ever is kept.
- Season 4 is a reboot, which now passes in the city of Pollyville, where now only Polly, Lila, Shani and Crissy (Lea only appeared in the first four episodes before being removed) having adventures in the city of Pollyville, to have the best day ever.
- Amazing animation, both flash made by WildBrain Entertainment only in Season 1 and CGI by Australian animation studio, Liquid Animation in Seasons 2-4, The CGI animation in the last episodes of Season 4 became beautiful and gorgeous, as the eyes of the protagonists become more detailed and beautiful.
- Good voice acting, examples being Sue Thorpe as Polly in Seasons 1-3 and Marieve Harrington as Polly in Season 4 and Debi Derryberry as Kerstie.
- Awesome theme songs, especially the theme song All Good Day from Season 2, was later brought back in Season 4, that has the style of Pop music.
- Amazing and interesting new characters like Lila's cousin, Clarice from Season 4 episode, "Crazy Race" and Polly's Brazilian friend, Beatrice from the episode "Perfect Pen Pal Pet", also from Season 4.
- Good characters, including Polly Pocket herself.
- The Cutants from Seasons 1-2 are very cute.
- In Season 2, Lila and Crissy were flanderized to obsessed fashion lovers. In the case of Lila, she was flanderized to a brat snobby girl, although Crissy improved for better in Season 3 and Lila improved a lot in Season 4, becoming a noble girl, but still enjoying fashion.
- The last episodes of Season 4 were only released in Brazilian Portuguese in 2017, not in English, due of the fact the franchise was discontinued in the United States in 2015, however continued only in Brazil and Latin America, until the franchise was rebooted in USA in 2018.
- As the series passes on, some characters like Kerstie, Lea and Rick got removed in Seasons 3-4 without explanation.
- Characters like Polly's father don't appear in this series with no explanation, but fortunately, he was brought back in the 2018 series.