Portlandia is a sketch comedy television series starring Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein, set in and around Portland, Oregon, and spoofing the city's reputation for as a haven for eccentric hipsters. The show was produced by Broadway Video Television and IFC Original Productions.
Why It Rocks
- Likeable characters like for example Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein.
- Great cast performance.
- The Portland, Oregon setting is very nice to see.
- A tons of funny and hilarious moments.
- Interesting plots.
- Mature and intelligent humor.
- The series was so good that they received awards.
- Excellent writing.
- Great Soundtrack, as they remind you of Vaporwave videos.
- There are some scenes that aren't really boring since the series is from Portland.
- Beautiful and vibrant visuals.
- Sometimes there are bad episodes like "First Feminist City", "Long Way Back" and "No Thank You", but they still have a couple of funny jokes or sketches.
- There are some very rare scenes.
- While the series is not offensive, it does look like a feminist series or propaganda.