Power Rangers Beast Morphers
Power Rangers Beast Morphers is the 26th season (season 2 being the 27th) of the Power Rangers franchise. It was based on the 36th Super Sentai series, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.
Set in the future, a secret agency combines a newly discovered substance called "Morph-X" with animal DNA to create the Power Rangers Beast Morphers team. The Rangers must fight off Evox, an evil sentient computer virus bent on taking over the source of all of the Rangers' powers: the Morphin' Grid itself.
Why It Rocks
- This marked the first Power Rangers season to be part of the Hasbro Era.
- Compare to the infamous Neo-Saban seasons (except the first season of Dino Charge) it was based on, It's an overall massive improvement from Power Rangers Dino Super Charge, Power Rangers (Super) Ninja Steel and even Lightspeed Rescue.
- Likable Rangers such as Devon, Ravi, Zoey, and Nate.
- This was a direct sequel to Power Rangers RPM.
- Great and catchy intro.
- Ben & Betty Burke are enjoyable comic relief characters.
- Awesome villains, such as Evox and Cybervillain (Robo)-Blaze.
- Cool-looking Zords.
- Superb acting.
- Awesome fight scenes.
- It fixed most of the problems that the Neo-Saban era seasons had.
- Unlike Saban during the Neo-Saban era, Hasbro didn't add the word "super" to the title of Beast Morphers' second season, because Season 2 of Beast Morphers is NOT a super season.
- It feels like an improved version of Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue.
- Pretty cool suits that were actually used from Go-Busters. Said suits are decent to look at.
- Much like Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight (a show adapted from Kamen Rider Ryuki from seven years before it), the Go-Busters monster costumes and Ranger suits were recreated for filming this show, as Toei burnt out all of the suits from the source material about a few years after filming.
- It used much better and even more original footage, meaning newer ideas can be made.
- They did a crossover with Dino Charge, Dino Thunder, and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and It's great to see Jason back after 18 years.
- It had special cameos such as Doctor K (RPM).
- For the first time ever, Captain Chaku is the American version of Space Sheriff Gavan!
- The finale is very sad and awesome, as legendary weapons returned from the last three eras (Original Saban Era, Disney Era, and the infamous Neo-Saban era), and Steel's death scene was quite sad, though he came back as a human, like Mack in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive's finale. Even if Steel's revival felt a bit flat, it was much better than Mack's revival.
- It has some of the problems that the Neo-Saban era seasons had.
- Some of the cheesy dialogue, light-hearted scenes, and childish moments can be corny at times, although it was MUCH less corny than the neo-Saban cheesy dialogue, light-hearted scenes, and childish moments.
- Cybervillain (Robo)-Roxy can be annoying & unlikeable at times. Ravi can be angry and unlikeable at times as well.
- This series has some bad episodes such as Seeing Red.