Power Rangers Dino Charge
Power Rangers Dino Charge is the 22nd season of the long-running American children's television program, Power Rangers, using footage, costumes and props from Japanese Super Sentai Series, Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.
65,000,000 years ago, a dinosauroid-like alien named Keeper was pursued through the galaxy by Sledge, an intergalactic bounty hunter bent on acquiring ten magical stones called the Energems in Keeper's care and using them to conquer the universe.
Why It Rocks
- Compared to the last four series and the original Super Sentai series it was based on, it was a major improvement.
- Very interesting backstories for the Dino Charge Rangers, especially Ivan.
- Sledge is a very intimidating main antagonist to the Dino Charge Rangers.
- It uses more original footage for the action/fight scenes than Super Sentai footage, compared to the previous four seasons.
- Very successful toy sales.
- Great character and suit designs, especially for the villains.
- It was Judd Lynn's first appearance as a writer since Power Rangers RPM.
- It is, by far, the best of the Neo-Saban Era of Power Rangers.
- The actor who plays Koda, Yoshi Sudarso, also appeared on Shuriken Sentai Ninninger which makes him the first Power Rangers actor to appear in Super Sentai.
- It's still not as good as the older seasons of PR.
- The filler episodes are mediocre.
- Wrench & Fury can be really unlikable jerks sometimes.
- Some dumb moments like when Tyler calls Albert Smith a "sly dog".
- Like most Neo-Saban Era PR seasons, it was treated very poorly by Nickelodeon, due to being put on a five-month hiatus.
- The second season, (Power Rangers Dino Super Charge) is awful.